- Open the soft top of the vehicle and remove the windscreen cover. This can be done using the soft top release tool located under the driver’s seat.
- Disconnect the battery cables and remove the cowl bracket.
- Remove the soft top retaining screws and lift the soft top off the vehicle.
- Install the new soft top on the vehicle making sure that it is securely fastened and aligned.
- Connect the battery cables and replace the windscreen cover.
It is important to use care when handling the soft top and be sure to follow the instructions in the owner’s manual to avoid damaging the vehicle or injuring yourself. If you are uncomfortable performing this task, it is advisable to take the vehicle to a reputable mechanic.
Below is a video of how to change the soft top of a classic BMW Z3.
Read more: How to change the soft top of a classic BMW Z3?